You've planned your wedding, invited your guests and it seems like everything is taken care of, but have you thought of a way to say thank you to your guests for traveling so far to celebrate with you?
It's time to consider Welcome Bags. In all likelihood, most, if not all of your guests are staying at the same venue (or few venues) and you can have the reception desk pass them out or place them in each guest's room upon their arrival (be sure to check with the property as each one has different rules). We have seen these done several different ways and are here to help you by spilling the good the bad and the ugly of Welcome Bag to-dos and to-don'ts!
- Pick a nice bag/box to hold all your goodies.
- Use packing fillers to help with presentation AND to fill the bag.
- Put small items in smaller bags and boxes.
- Choose an oversized bag/box and half or less than half fill it.
- Make different bags for each guest.
- Throw a bunch of cheap dollar store items in and call it done.
Remember these are meant to be thank yous and can be nice without breaking the bank. Consider including items like bottled water, local items to your location (candy, special beer or liquor for example) and don't forget an area map and an itinerary for the weekend so that your guests know when to be where.
Just a few simple items put together well will really stand out!