Using Pinterest to help plan your Wedding
We are all guilty of it... spending hours upon hours scrolling through the drool-worthy pins on Pinterest. From the perfect decor to beautiful dresses and tons of details, I, myself, have probably "planned" ten or fifteen of my own weddings. Today, we are here to give you some tips on how to hone in your pinning and make boards that will actually help you and your vendors put together a day that truly reflects you and your wedding style.
First thing's first.... you'll need to make a new board, something like "My Wedding (for real this time)" or "Wedding Inspiration." You can then go to either the main weddings tab or type in a search for ideas. Maybe you like something rustic, or a mountain theme. Maybe you are more traditional, or love a certain color.
Our advice to you:
- Keep your board focused.
- Stay on topic don't mix themes.
- Make sure everything you pin truly speaks to you!
- Are you looking back at previous pin and think 'ehhh... this isn't thrilling me'? Delete it!
- Share your boards with your vendors!!
- Who better to help you execute your ideas than your planner or your florist?!
and MOST IMPORTANTLY
- Have REALISTIC expectations
- A LOT of what you see on Pinterest is 100% staged; a 'styled shoot' as we call it in the biz... there is ONE table, six chairs, professional models... you get the gist. The vendors who contribute to styled shoots do it for advertisement and exposure and while that is wonderful to draw inspiration from; PLEASE understand that they are using their best, and often most expensive products in those photos. You can achieve similar looks on any budget, just ask you vendors to help you get the look, not duplicate the photo.
Hope this helps! We can't wait to see what you are putting together. Happy Pinning!